Arnold & Son was established in London in 1764 by John Arnold. He was renowned for his exceptional watchmaking skills and played a significant role in the development of marine chronometers, which were crucial for accurate navigation at sea. The company continued to innovate and produce high-quality timepieces throughout the 19th and 20th centuries. In the 21st century, the brand was revived under the ownership of the Swiss company La Joux-Perret, and it has since gained a reputation for its exquisite craftsmanship and innovative designs.
Reason to buy Arnold & Son
1. Heritage and Tradition: Arnold & Son boasts a rich heritage and a long-standing tradition of watchmaking excellence. The brand’s legacy is built on centuries of expertise, and this heritage adds immense value to its timepieces, appealing to collectors and enthusiasts who appreciate history and craftsmanship.
2. Innovative Movements: Arnold & Son is known for its innovative and technically advanced movements. The brand designs and manufactures its movements in-house, showcasing a high level of technical expertise. Their watches often feature complex complications, such as tourbillons, perpetual calendars, and minute repeaters, demonstrating their mastery in horological innovation.
3. Exceptional Craftsmanship: The brand is renowned for its meticulous attention to detail and exceptional craftsmanship. Arnold & Son watches are crafted using high-quality materials and finished to the highest standards, ensuring durability, precision, and aesthetic appeal. Each watch is a testament to the skill and artistry of the brand’s watchmakers.
4. Unique and Striking Designs: Arnold & Son watches are known for their unique and striking designs. The brand often combines classic elements with contemporary aesthetics, creating timepieces that are both timeless and visually captivating. Their designs appeal to individuals who seek a blend of tradition and modernity in their watches.
5. Limited Editions and Exclusivity: Arnold & Son produces limited edition timepieces, adding an element of exclusivity and rarity to their collections. Limited production runs create a sense of urgency among collectors, making these watches highly coveted. The scarcity of these models enhances their desirability and makes them valuable additions to any watch collection.