The Breitling Navitimer Automatic 35 A17395F41G1 is a highly regarded timepiece that has garnered attention for its exceptional craftsmanship and timeless design. In this comprehensive review, we will delve into the pros and cons of this watch to help you gain a better understanding of its features and value. Without further ado, let’s explore the pros and cons of the Breitling Navitimer Automatic 35 A17395F41G1.
- Iconic Design: The Navitimer line is renowned for its iconic design, and the A17395F41G1 model stays true to this heritage. The classic circular dial with three sub-dials and a slide rule bezel create a distinctive and elegant appearance.
- Versatile Size: With a 35mm case diameter, this timepiece is suitable for both men and women. The smaller size offers a more refined look, making it perfect for those with smaller wrists or those who prefer a subtle presence on their wrist.
- Excellent Build Quality: Breitling is synonymous with exceptional build quality, and the A17395F41G1 is no exception. The watch is crafted from high-quality stainless steel, ensuring durability and longevity. The attention to detail is evident, with precise finishing and a robust construction.
- Swiss Automatic Movement: Powering the Navitimer Automatic 35 is a reliable Swiss automatic movement. This self-winding mechanism eliminates the need for battery replacements and allows for accurate timekeeping. Additionally, the movement has a power reserve of approximately 38 hours, providing a decent amount of autonomy.
- Chronograph Functionality: The A17395F41G1 features a chronograph function, allowing you to measure elapsed time with precision. This practical feature is useful for various purposes, whether it’s timing a sporting event or tracking your daily activities.
- Slide Rule Bezel: One of the standout features of the Navitimer line is its slide rule bezel. It can perform various calculations, such as multiplication, division, and conversion of units. Although this feature may not be utilized frequently in everyday life, it adds sophistication and uniqueness to the watch.
- Legible Dial: The black dial of the A17395F41G1 is clear and easy to read, thanks to its contrasting silver-tone hands and hour markers. The incorporation of luminescent material ensures legibility even in low-light conditions.
- Date Function: The inclusion of a date window at the 6 o’clock position adds practicality to the watch. It allows for quick and convenient reference to the current date without the need for additional devices.
- Water Resistance: With a water resistance rating of up to 100 meters (330 feet), the Navitimer Automatic 35 A17395F41G1 is suitable for everyday wear and can withstand minor water exposure, such as splashes and rain.
- Brand Heritage and Prestige: Breitling has a long-standing history in the watchmaking industry and is recognized for its commitment to quality and precision. Owning a Breitling timepiece signifies style, luxury, and craftsmanship.
- Size Limitations: While the smaller size of the A17395F41G1 may be desirable for some, it may not appeal to those who prefer larger, more prominent watches. Individuals with larger wrists may find the proportions of the watch to be too small.
- Complexity of the Slide Rule Bezel: The slide rule bezel is a unique and intriguing feature, but it can also be somewhat complex to understand and utilize effectively. It may take some time to learn and master its functionalities, and many users may never find a practical need for it.
- Lack of Bracelet Options: The A17395F41G1 comes with a stainless steel bracelet, which may not suit everyone’s style or preferences. While the bracelet is of high quality and complements the watch well, providing alternate strap options, such as leather or rubber, would offer more versatility.
- Limited Lume Application: Although the watch does feature luminescent material on the hands and hour markers, the lume is not as strong or long-lasting as some other sports watches. This may result in reduced visibility in complete darkness.
- Price Tag: As with many luxury timepieces, the Breitling Navitimer Automatic 35 A17395F41G1 comes with a significant price tag. This may be a deterrent for some potential buyers who are seeking a more affordable option or are not willing to invest extensively in a timepiece.
- Lack of Quick Strap Change System: Unlike some other watches in its price range, the A17395F41G1 does not have a quick strap change system. Switching between different straps requires tools and additional time, making it less convenient for those who like to frequently change their watch’s appearance.
- Non-Display Case Back: The A17395F41G1 does not feature a transparent case back, which means you cannot observe the intricate movement of the watch. While this may not be a deal breaker for most, some watch enthusiasts appreciate the ability to see the inner workings of the timepiece.
In conclusion, the Breitling Navitimer Automatic 35 A17395F41G1 is a remarkable watch that offers a blend of timeless aesthetics, functionality, and Swiss precision. Its classic design, versatile size, and the inclusion of features like a chronograph and slide rule bezel make it appealing to both watch enthusiasts and casual users. However, the smaller size and potential complexity of the slide rule bezel may not suit everyone’s preferences or needs. Additionally, the lack of strap options and the high price point can be drawbacks for some potential buyers. Overall, the A17395F41G1 is an excellent choice for those seeking a refined and reliable timepiece with a touch of sophistication.